MongoDB Database Engineer
The MongoDB Database Engineer will be part of a high performing Agile team that uses the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. The program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test, and production environments. You will lead investigation and resolution of Mongo-related issues, as well as provide support to maintain and extend the complex system with exacting interface, performance, and security requirements. This role provides database engineering expertise in one or more of the following areas: architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design/implementation, testing, and documentation for the system.
- Provide guidance and support for database engineering of large-scale systems, major systems elements, and interfacing systems within a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components.
- Interface with various team members and managers in an Agile environment.
- Implement database engineering practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
- Communicate with and effectively collaborate daily with internal technical professionals and customer organization POCs.
- Actively participate in program incentive planning and related Agile team activities.
- Provide support to maintain and extend (add new capabilities) a complex system with exacting interface, performance, and security requirements.
- Analyze user requirements, system architecture and system requirements specifications.
- Support the development of system architecture, design, and configuration documentation
- Provide solutions to challenging technical problems in distributed data replication, concurrent data access and high availability
- Lead investigation and resolution of Mongo-related issues.
Basic Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline and at least 4 years of related experience, or a Master’s Degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as a Database Engineer to include design and implementation of MongoDB-based solutions and/or Mongo data replication.
- Must have experience as a Database Administrator to include tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, performance tuning, issue investigation, issue resolution and general administration.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must hold an active TS/SCI with CI Poly security clearance.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology or as a member of an Agile team
- Experience with Cassandra
- Experience with Oracle
August Schell Enterprises Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Position Type: Full-Time (exempt)
- Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
- Experience: 4+ years
- Degree: Bachelors or equivalent experience
- Clearance: TS/SCI w. CI Poly
- Travel: None
- Telework: None; On-site only
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision
- 100% Employer funded HRA
- Employer paid Disability, Life and Accident
- 401K Plan and Match
- FSA & DCA Pre-tax Plans
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off & Holidays