Senior IT Performance Engineer
As the Senior IT Performance Engineer, you will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team that supports the Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS). You interface with other technical teams, DISA personnel, vendor technical support, and with technical representatives from DoD services. You will work as part of an integrated, cross-platform team to provide military base/post/camp/station migration support services DoD-wide as the JRSS stacks are deployed and used for operations. You will leverage your understanding of network or application performance and capacity management and enterprise level network/systems monitoring to develop effective solutions the DoD. You will be responsible for requirements analysis, systems design, application integration, testing, and associated documentation. You will be involved in delivering both new and updated functionality. You will also develop solutions, troubleshoot problems, deploy and integrate products, develop documentation for the lab and production environments.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop Network and Application Performance Monitoring and Management solutions within the InfoVista and Riverbed application suites which includes:
- Supporting the design, development, testing, and deployment of new performance management functionality within JRSS.
- Evaluate alternatives including cost, risk, supportability and scalability.
- Provide tier 2/3 support for JRSS network performance management solutions.
- Developing the documentation required to operationalize new or updated performance management capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12+ years of experience; or 10+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Experience with Network and Application Performance Management tool suites from one of the following vendors: InfoVista, or CA Technologies (Broadcom), Netscout, or Riverbed
- Good understanding of Performance and Capacity management concepts and related tool sets used in enterprise IT environments
- U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance. In addition, you must be able to successfully obtain up to Top Secret based on requirements from the customer and program.
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification
- Experience in one or more of NetOps tools such as InfoVista and Riverbed
- Solid foundation in networking concepts, i.e., routing, switching, IP addressing, and Internet routing protocols
- Experience with collection protocols such as SNMP, WMI, VMWare API, and SMI.
- Experience with developing scripts (for example, Perl, Shell, and PLSQL languages.
- Familiarity with Network Defense Operations
- Ability to work independently in a fast pace environment
- Network and System (Linux, Windows) administration experience
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking and SNMP based network management
- Understanding of Network Performance Management and creating Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) to support customers and metrics
- Must be a US citizen or have permanent residency status
- We seek out emerging technologies
- Align ourselves with progressive technology partners
- Provide our employees with challenging opportunities to unite the two.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Referral Bonus Program