PKI Systems Engineer, Sr-Level
Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for designing, building and maintaining solution applications and related technologies supporting various clients. Work directly with end-users and management to improve processes and workflows. Provide implementation, training, consulting and support of technical solutions and end-to-end system lifecycle support for all PKI systems.
- Evaluate and document systems requirements and update requirements and other systems engineering documents.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan systems specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Develop and maintain technical design documents related to systems architecture.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Be able to identify and assess systems alternative solutions, gaps, shortfalls and risks.
- Configure fields, workflows, roles/permissions, page layouts, custom objects, custom record types, reports, saved searches and dashboards.
- Work with management, PMs, Business Analysts and Business Users to scope work and produce estimates.
- Complete work on schedule with high quality and reliability metrics.
- Identify system integrity issues and solutions for the full system life cycle from concept to disposal.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, risk assessment, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Ensure designs are compatible with the architecture and allocates requirements to segments.
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Assist with developing and engineering AWS cloud solutions for the existing PKI environment and lead / participate in the migration(s).
- May analyze or recommend commercially available solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A minimum bachelor’s degree (or 3 years general experience) coupled with 7+ year’s experience in IT solutions industry.
- 10 years of experience as a Systems Engineer
- 3+ year’s experience in Linux and SQL/ODBC interfaces.
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI Clearance with Full Scope Poly and must currently be or be able to favorably pass a 5 year (BI) Background Investigation.
- Demonstrated academic experience and/or training on configuring and maintaining Cisco network infrastructure.
- Demonstrated academic experience with and/or training on configuring and maintaining F5 load balancers for mission critical applications such as identity verification, traffic analysis and application load balancing.
- Demonstrated academic experience with and/or training on designing networks and implementing the full array of monitoring, logging, and authentication services.
- Demonstrated academic experience with and/or training of the OSI model.
- Demonstrated academic experience with and/or training on troubleshooting and debugging skills across the layers of the OSI model.
- Previous project management experience is preferred.
- Ability to script in one or more of the following computer languages—Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell.
- Knowledge of Cloud Services such as AWS, Azure, Office365.
- Current or former completed Splunk and/or VMware training/certifications.
Required and Preferred Skills
- Possess technical problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Familiar with the Intelligence Community
- Experience with Authentication and Access Control solutions
- Experience with Identity and Access Management –PKI technologies (ex: HSM, CA, OCSP)
- Knowledgeable with Windows and Linux operating systems and Shell Scripting
- Knowledgeable with database and LDAP queries
- Ability to facilitate technical discussions and lead conversations in an open forum
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and presenting PowerPoint presentations
- Demonstrated experience in creating technical documentation (requirements, designs, etc.) for complex systems
- Familiar with USG A&A process and mitigating security findings
- Experience with ICD-503 Security Documentation
- Programming background
- Experience in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must speak and write in fluent English
- We seek out emerging technologies
- Align ourselves with progressive technology partners
- Provide our employees with challenging opportunities to unite the two.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Referral Bonus Program