Splunk Engineer – Traveling
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Anywhere in the US
Travel: Up to ~75%; larger city / metropolitan areas require less travel.
August Schell is seeking individuals to join our growing Splunk Professional Service practice. Splunk is by far one of the most in-demand technologies and skillsets to have in IT, regardless if your focus is in security, data scientist, cloud, or a generalist. We will fully train you to becoming a subject matter expert in Splunk, but we require you bring the necessary skills with strong IT and Linux foundation.
As a Splunk Engineer you will be on-site with customers working with their challenges. To succeed you to be self-motivated, be able to find and identify problems, pivot on the fly to meet a customers needs and collaborate with our team members to solve the inevitable complex problem.
As a small company we are able to ensure the best quality of life possible for our traveling and remote employees to ensure a good work-life balance. We have a tight-nit positive culture and a low turnover rate as a result. We look to find good engineers and retain them for the long-term.
- Drive complex deployments of Splunk while working side by side with the customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases
- Collaborate across the entire Splunk organization to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation gathered from customer input
- Leverage previous experiences, share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk
- Enable customers to solve the next wave of questions on their own
- Experience in technical consulting and / or big data analytics
- Recent experience working with large customers and managing enterprise software deployment projects
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (especially in the areas of security and finance)
- Experience in successful startups in the areas of systems management, log management and security is strongly preferred
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how these relate to the customer’s business
- Able to quickly understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organizations
- Effective at communicating clearly to technical and business audiences
Technical Knowledge And Experience
- Experience with both the Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems; must be very comfortable on the command line interface
- Any Experience with application development would be an added advantage
- Background in SIEM even if light, or on a Security Operations Center with other products and any Big Data or Analytics are a plus
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must speak and write in fluent English
- Company reimbursed relocation fees up to $5,000
- We seek out emerging technologies
- Align ourselves with progressive technology partners
- Provide our employees with challenging opportunities to unite the two.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Referral Bonus Program