Senior Systems Engineer
THE SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER’S ROLE IS TO ENSURE THE STABILITY, INTEGRITY, AND EFFICIENT OPERATION OF THE INHOUSE INFORMATION SYSTEMS THAT SUPPORT CORE ORGANIZATIONAL FUNCTIONS. THIS IS ACHIEVED BY MONITORING, MAINTAINING, SUPPORTING, AND OPTIMIZING ALL NETWORKED SOFTWARE AND ASSOCIATED OPERATING SYSTEMS. THE SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER WILL APPLY PROVEN COMMUNICATION, ANALYTICAL, AND PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS TO HELP IDENTIFY, COMMUNICATE, AND RESOLVE ISSUES IN ORDER TO MAXIMIZE THE BENEFIT OF IT SYSTEMS INVESTMENTS. THIS INDIVIDUAL WILL ALSO MENTOR AND PROVIDE GUIDANCE TO THE SYSTEMS ENGINEER STAFF.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems
- for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business
- requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and
- operating systems.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid
- management in making implementation decisions.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support
- purchasing efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related
- products and services.
- Operational Management
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for
- improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide
- direction to system programmer and development teams.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery
- processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated
- software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Provide guidance and assign tasks to System Engineers
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology with a minimum of 8 years of System Engineering experience required. 4 additional years of related experience can be substituted for a bachelor’s degree. Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management and cross-functional team leadership and coordination
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently across a range of complex projects
- 8+ years of System Engineering experience
- IAT II Certification (Sec+, CCNA Sec, CYSA+, GSEC, SSCP, etc.)
- Active Secret clearance
- Must be a US Citizen or have permanent residency status
- We seek out emerging technologies
- Align ourselves with progressive technology partners
- Provide our employees with challenging opportunities to unite the two.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Referral Bonus Program