This role includes performing analysis of documented user requirements and directing or assisting in the design of test plans in support of user requirements for moderately complex to complex software/hardware applications. The Test Engineer will also review user application system requirements documentation; design, define, and document unit and application test plans; and transform test plans into test scripts before executing those scripts.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Experience supporting the system engineering process associated with material development in all phases of the weapon system life cycle across the following disciplines: test, quality, production, reliability, and product assurance.
- Experience developing and reviewing of test plans and procedures using statistically design test methods, test planning, test execution, test oversight, and test reporting to support technical recommendations for future decisions as requested.
- Experience preparing of Government-coordinated test plans IAW appropriate regulations and analysis/evaluation of test results.
- Experience ensuring data collected from tests is adequate to support engineering, developmental, operational and acceptance test requirements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience with test methodologies, software/firmware test case development, automation, and execution target Linux and Windows environments.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (PERL, Python, Ruby) and programming (C/C++, Assembly).
- Strong debugging & troubleshooting skills; experience with industry hardware and software debuggers.
- Knowledge of PC / server industry initiatives including PCIe, ACPI, UEFI, SMBIOS, JEDEC, IPMI; common PC interface standards Ethernet, SATA, PCIe, USB, DDR. Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working on Agile and milestone driven product development.
- Experience in source control and build management a plus.
- Experience with basic hardware lab tools preferred – oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multimeters, test fixtures. Energetic, motivated self-starter with a thirst for knowledge and a firm commitment to schedule. BSEE / BSCE /BS
- Knowledge of Army Acquisition Test and Evaluation (T&E) processes and procedures.
- Experience with Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC) policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of test instrumentation systems, data collection, and reduction techniques.
- Understanding and Experience in LCMR System hardware and software configuration, integration, operation, maintenance, and testing preferred.
- Experience writing test-specific documentation including TEMPs and Detailed Test Plans.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering with a minimum of four years of Test Engineering experience required. Four additional years of related experience can be substituted for a Bachelors Degree. Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management and cross-functional team leadership and coordination.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently across a range of complex projects.
- Secret Clearance
- Must be a US Citizen or have permanent resident status
- We seek out emerging technologies
- Align ourselves with progressive technology partners
- Provide our employees with challenging opportunities to unite the two.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Referral Bonus Program