Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Delivery Engineer/Consultant
Role and Responsibilities
The VMware Delivery Engineer will be responsible for supporting the successful delivery of VMware Horizon, Workspace ONE and Unified Endpoint Management (AirWatch), an enterprise management software solution designed for use in a variety of customer environments. The WMware Delivery Engineer will work directly with the client and other team members on the day-to-day tasks involved with the implementation of the VMware Workspace ONE solution including: customer assessment, solution design, system configuration, testing, training, and troubleshooting/issues resolution.
In this exciting role you will:
• Drive complex digital workspace engagements for enterprise customers.
• Lead architecture and use-case design of Virtual Desktop Interface and/or identity and mobility use cases.
• Assess, design, and integrate customer’s VDI, Identity and Access Management platforms and strategies
• Lead server installations with all VMware Horizon VDI platform, Identity Manager and/or AirWatch modules, including all relevant 3rd party technical components.
• You will facilitate mobile application and console implementation efforts, including application configuration, testing, and issue resolution, both on-site at the client location and remotely.
• Lead end-user training efforts, including creation of user documentation and hands-on training exercise(s), for both operational and technical users.
• You will provide Workspace ONE UEM solution feedback to our Software Development team to allow for continuous product improvement based on internal and external product experiences.
• Support software quality assurance activities, including testing and documentation of product issues.
• You will establish clear, accurate project timelines and schedules; monitor progress against schedule; build in and execute contingency plans.
• Proactively tackle problems and resolve issues that arise during implementation.
• Update and maintain project issues list, which includes prioritizing issues.
• Actively seek out opportunities to teach others; coach team members to achieve higher performance.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• B.S. degree in an engineering and / or technical discipline from an accredited college / or equivalent technical training & experience
• Computer Science, Computer / Electrical Engineering, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering.
• Must possess at least a VMware Certified Professional 6 (VCP6) in Desktop Mobility
• VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6 (VCAP6) in Desktop Mobility preferred
• Direct experience deploying and managing VMware End-User Computing Solutions (Workspace ONE, Horizon, UEM, etc.) and a VCP or VCAP in another discipline such as NSX, DCV
• Work experience in a professional consulting role is highly desired.
• Experience with Virtual Desktops and Virtual applications like VMware Horizon and/or Citrix or solid Mobile Device Management experience with AirWatch or similar products is a must.
• Experience with server configuration a plus: Windows Server 2016 / 2012R2 / 2012 / 2008, Linux Forms (Ubuntu, Fedora, Red Hat, OpenSUSE), Web server platforms (IIS, Apache).
• Advanced networking skills (TCP/IP, Firewall, DNS, proxies).
• Experience with SSL certificates management.
• Experience with database configuration: SQL Server 2016 / 2014 / 2012 / 2008R2 is a plus
• Experience with scripting languages a plus, particularly PowerShell.
• Experience with Identity Providers like Okta, Ping, Azure, OAM.
• Solid understanding of specific mobile device platforms preferred.
• Experience in Product Management, Project Management, or Change Management preferred.
Required and Preferred Skills
• Ability to travel up to 60 percent of the time.
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a client facing or consulting role, and a good understanding of VMware and associated technologies.
• Good understanding of Identity and Access Management and all protocols involved in this subject (SAML, OAUTH, OIDC, SCIM, WS-FED, LDAP) is a plus.
• A background in products like Intune, MaaS360, MobileIron, Good Technologies is strongly desired
• You should have a solid understanding of Horizon (VDI) and/or mobile device communication and web application structure.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, you can explain technical topics in simple terms; think quickly and react to client-impacting situations.
• Good understanding of Security Domains
• Technical and creative problem-solving skills.
• You have the ability to drive complex work streams with limited direction.
• Demonstrates thought leadership in VDI, identity and mobility technologies.
• You take initiative to successfully complete projects and promote company advancement.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Must be a US Citizen or have permanent resident status.
- Candidates without a VCAP and relevant experience should not apply.
- We seek out emerging technologies
- Align ourselves with progressive technology partners
- Provide our employees with challenging opportunities to unite the two.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Referral Bonus Program