The Database Administrator is responsible for providing exceptional customer support to the customer and maintains the integrity, security, and availability of multiple databases. Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. As well as administers, maintains, develops, and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. You will evaluate and recommend available database management system (DBMS) products and perform database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
- Efficiently investigate complex database issues and provide solutions in a dynamic, complex, production environment.
- Ability to effectively interface with customers, system administrators, database team members, software developers, and senior-level management.
- Learn and understand data models and data architecture documents.
- Develop solutions to support the customer’s needs using SQL, PL/SQL, and scripting languages.
- Performs Oracle, SQL Server and SYBASE Database and Application server administration.
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Other tasks may include applying Oracle patches and upgrading the database structure, as well as tasks in data conversion and other database-centric process improvements.
Basic Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or four (4) years of additional DBA experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, general DBA tasks.
- Must have at least 3 years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience with Linux (RHEL).
- Must have 2 years of shell scripting experience.
- Must have 2 years of experience with PL/SQL.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Must hold an active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
- Experience with Mongo.
- 3 years of experience with Oracle Grid/RAC in a Linux environment.
- Experience with real time highly available data replication technologies such as Oracle Data Guard,
- Oracle Streams, Oracle Golden Gate, Sybase Replication Server. Experience with MySQL.
- Experience with Cassandra.
- Must be able to be on-site
August Schell Enterprises Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Position Type: Full-Time (exempt)
- Location: Fort Meade, MD
- Experience: Mid-Level; 3-5 years
- Degree: Bachelors (or 4+ years relevant work)
- Clearance: TS/SCI w. FS Poly
- Travel: None
- Telework: None; On-site only
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision
- 100% Employer funded HRA
- Employer paid Disability, Life and Accident
- 401K Plan and Match
- FSA & DCA Pre-tax Plans
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off & Holidays