- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up to date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Please note: Our website contains links to other websites for your convenience and reference. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those sites.
What Information We Collect
When you visit our website, the Personal Information collected about you may include, but is not limited to:
- postal address;
- e-mail address;
- organization name and job title;
- telephone number;
- IP address;
- network and geo-location;
- education and/or employment history;
- the searches you perform while visiting or using our site; and
- any information you provide to us through web forms or other communication tools available to you while visiting or using our site.
Why & How We Use Your Information
We generally collect the Personal Information described above on an entirely voluntary basis. Certain areas of the website, may request your Personal Information so that you can use specific features, learn more about August Schell and our resources, or access certain content. For example, we may ask you to submit Personal Information if you:
- request a product demo, download or access information about our products, services or resource materials;
- submit a contact form to request information or customer support;
- register for webinars or other events;
- signed up to receive communications or content;
- apply for a job;
- request or submit payment for a quote.
From time to time, we may use your personal information to send you emails regarding products, programs, services, or events we believe may be of interest to you. Upon receipt of such messages, you have the option to “opt-out” or “unsubscribe”.
The only payment information August Schell will collect is for customers opting to pay for quoted products and/or services by credit card. Customers must have a valid quote number and key to enter payment information. A 3.5% convenience fee will automatically be added to the quote price prior to entering payment information. By clicking “Pay Now” you are agreeing to the adjusted quote price, terms, and any and its terms. Prior to entering payment information, customers will be given notice of a 3.5%.
Data Collected for Analytics, Marketing and Advertising Purposes
August Schell does not use this information to identify you. Network or device identifiers – such as computer or device IP addresses and serial numbers – do not themselves identify individuals who use such computers or devices. However, some jurisdictions’ laws may define these network or device identifiers as Personal Information.
We use Analytics Data to:
- identify new visits to our website;
- recognize returning visits;
- analyze the effectiveness of our website content and marketing or advertising-related activities;
- better understand our current and potential customers, website visitors and mobile app users;
- determine whether our current and potential customers, website visitors, and mobile app users might be interested in additional content, new products or services; and
- tailor our marketing and business development campaigns to individuals who we think may be interested in learning more about our products and services.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They help us to provide you with a better user experience, remember your preferences, and improve the overall functionality of our website.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential for our website to function properly and cannot be turned off. They enable basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies help us to analyze how visitors use our website and identify areas for improvement. They do not collect any personal information about you and are used solely for statistical purposes.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make (such as your language or region) and provide enhanced, personalized features.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver personalized content and advertisements based on your interests and browsing history.
- Third-party cookies: We may use third-party cookies on our website for analytics and advertising purposes. These cookies are subject to the privacy policies of the respective third-party providers.
Managing your Cookies
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to third parties. However, we may disclose your personal information to our trusted service providers who assist us in operating our website and providing our services. We may also disclose your information when required by law.
Safeguarding Your Information
The integrity, availability, and confidentiality of your Personal Information matters to us. That is why we use industry-standard technical, administrative, and physical controls to protect personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We also review and evaluate our security procedures and controls on an ongoing basis to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods to help minimize risks from new security threats as they become known.
Additional Rights under Local Laws (Depending on Where You Live)
Depending on where you live, local laws may require that we provide you with additional notices and rights. This section provides information about how we process Personal Information that is subject to these laws and the rights you may have under these laws.
EU/UK Privacy Notice. If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”), our processing of your Personal Information may be subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or the Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA”). These laws may provide you with additional rights with respect to your Personal Information.
California Privacy Notice. If you are a resident of California, our processing of your Personal Information may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Under this law, you may be entitled to certain additional information. To learn more about our processing of Personal Information about California residents and the rights you may have under the CCPA.
Questions and Complaints
If you have any questions, complaints, or wish to send us comments about this Statement, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate your complaint and respond as soon as possible.