Enterprise Management/Splunk Engineer, TS/SCI/FSP
Ft Meade – Splunk
August Schell Enterprise Management / Splunk Engineer, TS/SCI Full Scope Poly Clearance – Maryland
Job Type: Full-Time – Onsite (flex hours possible)
Work Location: Hanover, MD (Commercial building)
Travel: No Travel
This engineer will be responsible for managing and integrating several enterprise technologies and their long-reaching deployments. They will be providing recommendations to ensure a best possible, continuously available and secure environment; while implementing those and others through automated centralized IT solutions. This position requires subject matter expertise on several products including Splunk and advanced Spunk training will be provide by Augusts Schell. With the ever-changing landscape in IT, on-the-job training will be required for other lighter-used systems and solutions. This position supports a highly classified mission and often may have a real world impact.
The August Schell Splunk engineer will:
- Collaborate across the customer’s organization to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation gathered from the customer’s input
- Leverage previous experiences, industry peers, and colleagues to advocate and implement best practices for the entire technology stack.
- Create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the technology value for the customer
- Produce relevant analytics to support the ever-changing mission landscape in Splunk and other technology platforms.
- Manage the respective IT environments ensuring they are secure and highly available.
- Experience with both the Linux and Windows operating systems; comfortable on the command line interface
- Minimum of 3-5 years of current industry experience in technical consulting with working knowledge or recent hands-on experience enterprise technology
- Ability to quickly explore, examine, research, understand complex problems and guide the customer to a successful state.
- Ability to stop and take direction, strongly articulate, collaborate and present with and to technical and non-technical colleagues up to executive level stakeholders
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively on big picture goals and projects
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (especially in the areas of security, compliance, and system performance)
- Statistical and analytical modeling understanding not required but a plus
- A working understanding of any modern scripting or coding language ideal with at least the ability to edit scripts on-the-fly a large plus
BS preferred or equivalent work experience
- Must currently possess an active United States Top Secret Clearance, with eligible SCI and Full Scope Polygraph
- Company reimbursed relocation fees up to $5,000
- We seek out emerging technologies
- Align ourselves with progressive technology partners
- Provide our employees with challenging opportunities to unite the two.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Comprehensive Dental Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Referral Bonus Program