Consulting Engineer | Enterprise Management/Splunk
This position is responsible for managing and integrating several enterprise technologies and long-reaching deployments. You will provide recommendations to ensure the best continuously available and secure environment and implement those and others through automated centralized IT solutions. This position requires subject matter expertise on several products, including Splunk. Advanced Splunk training will be provided by August Schell. With the ever-changing landscape in IT, on-the-job training will be required for other, lighter-used systems and solutions.
- Collaborate across the customer’s organization to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation gathered from the customer’s input
- Leverage previous experiences, industry peers, and colleagues to advocate and implement best practices for the entire technology stack.
- Create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the technology value for the customer
- Produce relevant analytics to support the ever-changing mission landscape in Splunk and other technology platforms.
- Manage the respective IT environments ensuring they are secure and highly available.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience with both the Linux and Windows operating systems; comfortable on the command line interface
- BS preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of current industry experience in technical consulting with working knowledge or recent hands-on experience enterprise technology
- Ability to quickly explore, examine, research, understand complex problems and guide the customer to a successful state.
- Ability to stop and take direction, strongly articulate, collaborate and present with and to technical and non-technical colleagues up to executive level stakeholders
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively on big picture goals and projects
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (especially in the areas of security, compliance, and system performance)
- Statistical and analytical modeling understanding not required but a plus
- A working understanding of any modern scripting or coding language ideal with at least the ability to edit scripts on-the-fly a large plus
- Must currently possess an active Top Secret Clearance, with eligible SCI and Full Scope Polygraph
August Schell Enterprises Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Position Type: Full-Time (exempt)
- Location: Fort Meade, MD
- Experience: Intermediate; 3-5 years
- Degree: Not required; Preferred
- Clearance: TS-SCI w. FS Poly
- Travel: n/a
- Telework: On-site only
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision
- 100% Employer funded HRA
- Employer paid Disability, Life and Accident
- 401K Plan and Match
- FSA & DCA Pre-tax Plans
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off & Holidays